The Community Initiative for Sustainable Development (COMINSUD) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Social Inclusion and Peacebuilding officer
Job Type: Full-time position
Duration: 1 year renewable
Years of experience: At least 3 years in a similar position
Applications open until 19th February 2022 at 16H 00
COMINSUD is a development organization that works to empower communities toward achieving their development objectives with a vision of a responsive society where the principle and standards of good governance are respected and upheld. COMINSUD seeks to reflect in its activities the ethical values of transparency, accessibility, and selfless service for the improvement of the livelihood of all people. COMINSUD observe neutrality, impartiality and the right to humanitarian assistance with claims on full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the peace building & reconciliation programmes and projects;
- Collecting information on thematic issues particularly on peace building and conflict resolution;
- Taking part in organizing dialogue meetings, workshops and forums;
- Collecting and disseminating information on peace building and reconciliation;
- Collecting information on causes of conflicts, actors and other related issues
- Collecting and collating information for development of information education communication materials on peace building and reconciliation control in liaison with other stakeholders; and
- Taking part in implementing peace building and reconciliation activities.
- Conduct diagnostic analyses, partnership mapping and baseline assessments to identify key bottlenecks and constraints to equality and other aspects related to the project
- Support the development and implementation of the SI guidelines for communities.
- Support the Community Volunteers in gender and social inclusion mainstreaming, particularly with awareness raising.
- Produce progress reports and end of project reports as per project document or request.
- Knowledge of conflicts and cultural practices especially in the North West/South West setting
- In depth hands on experience of working with affected communities
- Experience of developing personal work plans
- Proven experience in providing weekly and monthly reports
- Previous conflict identification, mapping and resolution experience
- Ability to conduct and write up clear assessments
- Previous experience of liaising with local authorities, and community leaders
- BSc/BA in social related field; MSc/MA is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience preferably in an NGO environment.
- English, Pidgin are required languages but a knowledge of French will be an additional advantage.
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Hand written application
- Curriculum Vitae highlighting details track record related to the above position, highest qualifications and 3 key references with one coming from your most recent employer.
- Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
- Or deposited in a sealed envelope at COMINSUD Office located at Ni John Fru Ndi Junction Natrinkon-Bamenda.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted: