Position: Finance Manager
Job Type: Full-time position
Duration: 1 year renewable
Years of experience: At least 5 years in a similar position
COMINSUD is a development organization that works to empower communities toward achieving their development objectives with a vision of a responsive society where the principle and standards of good governance are respected and upheld. COMINSUD seeks to reflect in its activities the ethical values of transparency, accessibility, and selfless service for the improvement of the livelihood of all people. COMINSUD observe neutrality, impartiality and the right to humanitarian assistance with claims on full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliations) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), according to COMINSUD guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensuring the timely execution and control of the monthly and yearly accountancy closure, with due quality.
- In close collaboration with the Coordinator and the Head of programs, defining, analyzing and following-up project budgets, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and proposing corrective action if needed.
- Ensuring financial reporting of Projects and of the organization as a whole, monthly closure, Internal control, Audit, etc.)
- In close collaboration with the Administrator, ensure that all service contracts in projects and the organization (premise and vehicle rental contracts, deposits, rent payments, etc.) are prepared and paid according to policies and procedures. Ensuring that COMINSUD staff who have financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures, including those related to security.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, financial Management or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in an NGO environment.
- English, Pidgin are required languages but a knowledge of French will be an additional advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Hand written application
- Curriculum Vitea highlighting details track record related to the above position, highest qualifications and 3 key references with one coming from your most recent employer.
- Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or deposited in a sealed envelope at COMINSUD Office located at Ni John Fru Ndi Junction Natrinkon-Bamenda.
Applications open until 19th February 2022 at 16H 00
Only short listed candidate will be contacted: