Job Type: Full-time position
Duration: 1 year renewable
Years of experience: At least 7 years in a similar position
Applications open until 19th February 2022 at 16H 00
COMINSUD is a development organization that works to empower communities toward achieving their development objectives with a vision of a responsive society where the principle and standards of good governance are respected and upheld. COMINSUD seeks to reflect in its activities the ethical values of transparency, accessibility, and selfless service for the improvement of the livelihood of all people. COMINSUD observe neutrality, impartiality and the right to humanitarian assistance with claims on full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Key responsibilities include:
Finance related task
· Ensure that transactions are fully supported, approved, properly filed and that the operations conform to the requirements of the PMU and as per the project proposal document and partner MOU.
· Assist the Coordinator and PIM in the organization and completion of external audits and implements actions necessary to correct internal control weaknesses.
· Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed on a timely basis and that the final reconciliation are reviewed and signed off by the Coordinator.
· Develop a workable method for the accounting of financial transactions on a daily basis using the financial software such as excel/spreadsheet/QuickBooks.
· Manage the finance activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by the project document and the partner MOU.
· Keep abreast of developments of Cameroonian government requirements related to financial matters and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
· Assist with the preparation and review of project and administrative budgets.
· Ensure that all financial and administrative documents and files are properly organized, updated and regularly backed up.
· Ensure adequate maintenance of records (staff contracts, insurance, transport etc.) for good internal governance and according to the laws of the country.
· Oversee and support the admin assistant and accountant in conducting his duties.
Human Resource related task
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local and state regulations
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Keep compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys up to date
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, and state regulations
- Minimum seven years of HR, finance and administration experience gained preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Experience with strengthening the financial management capacity of local partners (NGO’s/CBO’s)
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills, accuracy, ability to work under pressure and good communications skills.
- High level of reliability, dynamism, objectivity and integrity.
- Good computer skills and extensive knowledge of Excel, Word and email software and financial management and accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of electronic and paper filing systems.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a definite plus
- English, Pidgin are required languages but a knowledge of French will be an additional advantage.
- Solid understanding of business functions (HR, finance etc.)
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Hand written application
- Curriculum Vitea highlighting details track record related to the above position, highest qualifications and 3 key references with one coming from your most recent employer.
- Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com
- Or deposited in a sealed envelope at COMINSUD Office located at Ni John Fru Ndi Junction Natrinkon-Bamenda.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: