Job Type: Full-time position
Duration: 1 year renewable
Years of experience: At least 3 years in a similar position
Applications open until 19th February 2022 at 16H 00
COMINSUD is a development organization that works to empower communities toward achieving their development objectives with a vision of a responsive society where the principle and standards of good governance are respected and upheld. COMINSUD seeks to reflect in its activities the ethical values of transparency, accessibility, and selfless service for the improvement of the livelihood of all people. COMINSUD observe neutrality, impartiality and the right to humanitarian assistance with claims on full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide in-person assistance and advice to vulnerable households
- Update the service mapping on a regularly basis
- Manage and support the community volunteers in the assigned area of work
- Ensure that all community volunteers are following the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Guideline and Tools.
- Receive- and follow up on both internal and external referrals for protection assistance
- Conduct internal and external referrals when needed, monitor referrals to ensure assistance has been provided.
- Conduct awareness sessions with local leaders, and other persons
- Conduct community protection awareness sessions
- Ensure that urgent and challenging cases are immediately discussed with Supervisor
- Make the link between families, local authorities, schools and non- formal education actors in the area and other partners to support children at risk, including children’s needs.
- Any other tasks provided by Protection Team Leader and/or Protection Project Manager
- Ensure the regular data collection and report to supervisor
- Check each month the database for lessons learned and reporting issues
- Prepare daily/weekly activity plans and reports and submit a monthly report to supervisor
- Organize regular meetings with Community Volunteers to identify training needs and get regular feedback from the field.
- Knowledge of protection, GBV/SGBV, child protection and psycho-social principles, especially in the North West/South West setting
- In depth hands on experience of working with affected communities
- Implementation of psycho-social, awareness and community mobilization activities
- Experience of developing personal work plans
- Proven experience in providing weekly and monthly reports
- Previous protection monitoring experience
- Ability to conduct and write up clear assessments
- Previous experience of liaising with local authorities, and community leaders
- BSc/BA in social related field; MSc/MA is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience preferably in an NGO environment.
- English, Pidgin are required languages but a knowledge of French will be an additional advantage.
Interested candidates should provide the following:
- Hand written application
- Curriculum Vitae highlighting details track record related to the above position, highest qualifications and 3 key references with one coming from your most recent employer.
- Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or deposited in a sealed envelope at COMINSUD Office located at Ni John Fru Ndi Junction Natrinkon-Bamenda.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted: